Okay we are officially less than one month away from the release of JOHA: A WORLD APART! I’m getting so excited! I got a request to do a playlist for the book, from one of my beta readers, so here we are! Most of these songs have strong meanings as to why I chose them for the novel, however, some are just the feel that I wanted in some of the scenes throughout.
Now I can’t explain all of them, because they’d give away too much of the book, but I hope you can put the pieces together after reading it!
Mad World – Gary Jules
– Imagine yourself as Lia Dean. All emotion has been sucked from your life since the day you were born. Suppression and control is the most important thing in your life. No love. No joy. A very “Mad World”.
Say Something – A Great Big World
– Now you’re an adult. Finally a part of the community. You’re propelled into this world you thought you knew everything about. You find out things… horrible things. You feel betrayed, worried, uncertain. Who do you even turn to?
Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
– Then you wake up. You realize that you don’t have to fit the mold. You don’t have to suppress or control. You can do something.
Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
– So you do. You fight. You break the hold they have on you. They won’t defeat you. You know the truth and you won’t stand by and be their puppet anymore.
Timing is Everything – Garrett Hedlund
– This song is not exactly the tune I pictured while writing the first song in Joha. However, the feel of the song, the way he sings it, even his accent is pretty close to what I pictured while writing the first song Colt sings. I hope you can picture it when you read it too.
What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
The Misty Mountain Cold – The Hobbit
– Okay I know this isn’t a song that would typically be here, but it is, and I’ll tell you why! The first time I heard this song it was so powerful to me. I loved everything about it, but mostly the very beginning. The humming. That is what I picture during the tribute song near the end of the book.
Hurt – Johnny Cash
Can’t Help Falling in Love With You – Haley Reinhart
The three I did not explain have specific meanings within the book, that will give too much away, so I’m going to leave those untold.
I hope y’all get a chance to read the book someday, and I really hope you like it!
To see all other posts on Joha: A World Apart, click on the category to the right or below.
Also, subscribe to my blog if you’d like to see more posts on traveling, family, food, my novels, and all the fun things that help and inspire me and my writing.